THINGS TO DO AT LAKE LAS VEGAS
Please note that our Upper Pool will be closed until January 1, 2014. The Lower Pool with the 150' waterslide will remain open.
Explore all of the top things to do in Lake Las Vegas when you stay at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. Try your hand at stand up paddleboard, find your center in guided yoga classes, or aim for the green on the only private Jack Nicklaus course in Nevada. Whatever your passion, you're sure to stay active at our resort.
View Recreation Photo Gallery >
If you're looking for more things to do at Lake Las Vegas, plunge into our large, inviting pool overlooking the lake. Cool off on hot summer days, get some color on the inviting pool deck furniture, or lounge with friends and enjoy signature cocktails from our pool bar.
Relaxing at our resort is easy, no matter the season. Sink into the inviting pillow top mattress of our signature Westin Heavenly bed, or experience the sights and sounds of Morocco as a trained masseuse works on every sore muscle in your body.
Recreation: On Land
The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa offers you a great variety of on-site and off-site recreation activities that you and your family can enjoy during your stay.
- Volleyball, playground, hiking/biking trails, bike rentals
- Bird watching, running/walking path and putting green
- Yoga, Westin WORKOUT® Gym, Activity Pool, sports court
- Spa Moulay
Recreation: On the Water
- The Golf Club at Southshore
- Lake Mead Recreation Area
- Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve
- To view a full list of Area Attractions Click Here >
The Westin Lake Las Vegas offers convenient access to the best Nevada boating, fishing, swimming and kayaking. White Sand Beach borders Lake Las Vegas so guests can easily enjoy endless water sports right near our hotel. Preview the Nevada lake adventures that await you during your stay:
- Kayaks, fly-fishing, stand-up paddle boarding, and boats available for rent on the on-site lake (electric boats only).
- Paddle to the Core has opened a BOARD SHOP located at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and is offering rentals, lessons, yoga classes and core camp with regular morning or evening paddle classes to ensure a healthier lifestyle. Boards, Paddles and accessories are available as well as board storage so you do not have to travel with your new board. Contact us at: Stand Up Paddle Board; www.suplv.com; 702.567.6000.
- Lake Las Vegas Marina: Whether you're interested in renting a private yacht for a wedding, learning the art of fly fishing, or riding in a paddle boat, Lake Las Vegas Marina has you covered.
- Gondola Adventures: See Lake Las Vegas like you never have before - and enjoy an intimate meal for two - with Gondola Adventures. Couples craving exclusive access to Lake Las Vegas, as well as a touch of Venice, will find no better choice.
- Fishing: When planning fishing trips, The Westin Lake Las Vegas is your ideal location. Enjoy fishing for all ages at our beautiful catch and release lake. A fishing license is not required. Lake Las Vegas is stocked all year round with striped bass, rainbow trout, channel catfish and bluegill. The Lake may be closed for fishing on occasion to ensure the restocking process so please contact the concierge in advance to check our fishing schedule.
- Fly Fishing at Westin Lake Las Vegas: Lake Las Vegas is a great venue to learn the art of fly fishing. A short learning session is followed by fishing for largemouth bass, the great basin bonefish and other species. 1-3 hour session, fishing equipment and licenses are included in the package. It contains large-mouth bass, great basin bonefish (carp), bluegill, trout and other species. Join Orvis endorsed guide, John Campbell, for fly or spin-fishing. John has been the resort guide since the first hotel opened,15 years ago. John also has taught fly fishing at the University of Utah and UNLV for over 15 years. The Lake may be closed for fishing on occasion to ensure the restocking process so please contact the concierge in advance to check our fishing schedule.
Bring your sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, and a pair of water or Teva type shoes if you wish to enter the water (wading not required). Fishing equipment and licenses are included in each package. For novices, a short introductory session is followed by sight fishing from the scenic beaches of Lake Las Vegas. We can accommodate 1 to 50 people per event. Program length 1-3 hours. Electric boat option available.
Whatever is on your agenda, get down to business at a great location at a great value. Join us on the beaches of Lake Las Vegas. Contact John Campbell, CEO; Outdoor Source, LLC; (702) 499-8921; fax (702) 567-1696; email@example.com